Thursday, July 26, 2007

Waiting on the Weekend!

Most of you know that this has been a long, crazy week for Matt & I. We've had a million and one appointments, staffings, incidents, and attitudes to deal with. We are greatly looking forward to this weekend--it will be our first weekend off since we got here (we only get one weekend off a month). There are a few reasons why we are excited about this weekend:

1. Tomorrow is Matt's birthday! He'll be 25. Man, we're getting old!
2. Matt's parents are flying in tomorrow to visit us for the weekend. We can't wait to see them and do some touristy things with them. This will be the first time for Matt's mom to see our house and everything so we are pretty excited!
3. Since we are not working this weekend, we get to go to any church we want! We've been wanted to try out this church, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, and finally get to go! We're hoping we'll like it enough to get plugged into their small groups. We desperately need friends and fellowship and hope this church is what God has in His plan for us!

All in all, we are pumped about having two days off in a row!

In other news, I went to orientation for grad school (Southern University at New Orleans)and am excited about that as well. I'm only going part-time b/c our job is so demanding. I'll be in class on Mondays from 8:30am-2:30pm. I had the option to take the two classes online but I decided that I really needed some socialization and grounding since these are my first classes of grad school. Classes start August 13th and I can't wait!

No comments: