Our little family has been hit with all kinds of illnesses this week and we are struggling to recover. Emma has been battling an ear infection for almost a month now, but then suddenly came down with pneumonia on Tuesday. For now, she is being treated at home with antibiotics and breathing treatments, and we are hoping to not make a trip to the hospital. Right now, it seems as we took one step forward and two steps back. She got a shot of antibiotics on Tuesday afternoon and yesterday she had more energy and was more talkative, but then today she has been more lethargic again. She continues to have fever, though not as high as it was on Tuesday. Please pray that she will be able to kick this sickness soon.
Matt has also been pretty sick this week. He took the day off from work yesterday and went to urgent care because his doctor couldn't fit him in. I know that when I don't have to fight with him to take the day off and go to the doctor, he must feel really bad. The doctor said he just had a bad cold but gave him antibiotics anyway. To us, it seems like it is more than a cold, but hopefully these antibiotics will do the trick.
Baby Eli and I have been feeling fine this week and are praying that we don't get sick.
So, please be praying for our family as we battle these illnesses.
And just for a little fun, here's a picture. We took Emma on the carousel at the zoo for the first time on Monday. She loved it and hasn't stopped talking about it since then. "Emma 'round on alligator". :)
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I was wishing I had some recent pictures to share with you all, but it just didn't happen. I am ashamed to say that we didn't even take a single picture on Christmas day. We were in the midst of moving and we were at our new home and the camera was at our old home. Sad. Anyway, here's what's been going on with us lately...
- We moved during the holidays to the Friendship House (see a few posts back about details). We LOVE living here and are excited about all the opportunities it brings to serve those in need. Emma is having a blast at her new home because there are lots of friends to play with and lots of room to run! Our cats are also adjusting well. :)
- We had a quiet, very relaxing Christmas with just our little family. We did go to Christmas dinner at a friend's house and enjoyed our fellowship with them.
- I am now in my 3rd trimester (28 weeks) and am feeling quite well. I am starting to get a little uncomfortable, especially at night, but it's not too bad.
- Emma is has been sick since Christmas and is now on her 3rd round of antibiotics for an ear infection. We are hoping this will do the trick, or we might have to seek out different options. She hasn't been sleeping well at all (waking up 3-4 times at night) and is very cranky during the day. It's been very wearing on all of us!
- Matt's parents came for a visit during New Years and we greatly enjoyed the time we got to spend with them. Emma loved having her "mamommy" and "dadaddy" here to play with her!
- Emma has recently started talking in sentences. Her first sentence was "I want my baby" (speaking of her baby dolls of course) and we continue to hear new sentences and words daily.