Wednesday, March 30, 2005
3 more days until Matt & I see Ashlee Simpson in concert! Wow--I'm so freakin excited!
Not too much has been going on lately.
Matt called his doctor & got some new medicine so hopefully it will help.
Matt & I decided to go to Charleston for our honeymoon. We were planning on going to New Orleans but we figured we wouldn't have much time to do all we wanted to and it would be cheaper to go to Charleston. I'm excited. I love Charleston!
I am so tired of classes and schoolwork. I'm so ready for this summer...so I can get married and play with little kids all day!
My family (minus my brother) spent Easter afternoon at the Parks' house eating and talking wedding plans. We had a nice time. Things seem to be going very well with all the family stuff. And Matt's mom is buying us a really nice bedroom set for our wedding present!
Today I signed up for a free 14 day trial of Napster and it is super-dee-duper.
That's the end of tonights blogging.
Saturday, March 26, 2005
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."
Wow--nothing else needs to be said.
Monday, March 21, 2005
- I went to David's Bridal with Kelly this afternoon to buy her wedding dress. It is geourgeous and she looks like a beautiful princess!
- Kelly's gonna borrow my tiara for her wedding--I'm excited that I get to share it with her!
- This wedding planning stuff is a whole lot funner now that Kelly's engaged.
- Paul Edinger is one pretty cool kid.
- Spring Break went by super fast and I feel like I didn't do anything but sleep (which really is the truth).
- Sleep is my idol.
- Matt finally went to the doctor and got a bunch of medicine, but he's still sick. Boo!
- I have been drinking lots of Light Hawaiian Punch lately. Yum!
- We had a sleepover at the "club" (aka gym) last Friday and it was tons of fun. Tamica, Joce, & I got to play lots of silly games!
- My mom bought me a new cookbook and I'm really excited about it! Matt is excited too because now I'm going to cook for him.
- I've been baby-sitting more and I'm so glad. I really have missed it. I'm going to keep Caleb, Sarah, & two of their friends all day Friday so that will be an adventure. Those are some crazy kids!
- My desire for learning how to surf has come back. I really want to go to the beach and take lessons. That would be freakin awesome.
- I wish I was going to see Maroon 5 tomorrow night in Charlotte. But it's all good because in two more weeks I get to see Ashlee Simpson!
- I'm upset because I cannot find the wheels, trucks, & hardware for my skateboard (I took them off a while back). I really want to skate and don't want to buy more!
- Last Friday I went up to the Charlotte Coliseum with my mom to watch Duke & UNC in their practice rounds for the NCAA tournamant. I thought it was pretty cool.
- 75 days until my wedding! Woowee!
- I want people to comment on my blog.
Think I should go do some schoolwork now? Guess so.
Thursday, March 17, 2005
I have this urge to buy something on ebay. I used to be such an ebay addict. I miss it. Ebay is superdeeduperwonderful! Okay I'm a dork & just bid on the latest Jump Little Children cd. It came out last year but I've been slack & still haven't gotten it. Just found it on ebay for 8 cents. Holla!
I've decided that there are three things I really want to do before I die...
1. hike the entire Appalacian Trail
2. go backpacking across Europe
3. work in an orphanage in Africa
Yeah--hope those dreams become reality one day.
Ahh! That bug is back!
Okay, I'm off to watch Will & Grace. Love that show.
Monday, March 14, 2005
Friday, March 11, 2005
Monday afternoon my Mom & I are driving to Columbia to meet with my caterer. I'm excited about that. I also ordered my wedding invitations this past week. I like them a lot.
I just want to go to sleep now. I'm going to go turn my paper in & then take a nap before going to the gym. My poor roomie, Kristi, has only gotten 9 hours of sleep total this week. Those crazy art professors are about to kill her.
I've been learning a lot about covenants in the Bible lately--through my Old Testament class and Jeff Ferguson. Growing up Baptist, I never really knew the importance of the covenants that God made with those in the Bible. It's exciting for me to look at these as I'm about to enter a covenant marraige. My mom and I were discussing last night how marraige is so much more than signing a piece of paper for the state, but it is a covenant with God and the person you are marrying.
I may have found a job for this summer. Robin Madden & this other lady at church want me to watch their kids this summer. That'd be cool. I like keeping kids during the summer because you can take them places and do lots of fun stuff.
Guess that's it for now. I'm headed to Bancroft to turn in my paper.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Today is Matt & my 10 month anniversary. That's not really that long considering we're getting married. Some people still think we're crazy for getting married so soon, especially since I'm still in school. But when you know, you know. And that's how it goes. My friend Meredith & her fiance have been dating 7 years and they are getting married in November! Now that's some patience!
I just finished the first half of my english exam. It was a killer. I'm dreading the discussion part on Thursday.
I have recently become more and more aware of my stubbornness. Never in my life would I have said that I was a stubborn person, but I'm 'fessing up to it now. Matt & I have these dumb arguements over dumb little things (example--how much water to boil when making macaroni, whether to go to bojangles or not, etc.) and through these arguements I have now realized I am extremely stubborn. Both Matt & I are both stubborn & sometimes won't take the time to listen to the other person--we just keep arguing our point. We always resolve it within minutes and it becomes a laughing matter, but still...it kills me that I am as stubborn as I am. Guess this is what marraige is gonna be all about...learning new things about yourself and dealing with them!
So, I am hardcore dieting & exercising for the wedding. I've decided I'm gonna lose all this weight for the wedding & then after the wedding get fat again. Wanna know why I'm gonna get fat again? Because Matt & I did our budget the other day & it's gonna be extremely tight...therefore we're gonna be eating lots of ramen & macaroni & cheese. There go the carbs.
Wanna know something funny? I can't go a single day without spilling something on me. Let's see...Thursday=ketchup & eggs at Waffle House, Friday=syrup at my house, Saturday=honey mustard at Longhorn's, Sunday=honey mustard at church...but I don't think I spilled anything on myself yesterday or today (yet)! Yay! I'm a big girl now! :)
And if you wanna go to my photographer's website go here. http://www.carolinadigitalphotography.com/
So that's my wedding. And the food is gonna be real good...and I'm gonna have a chocolate fountain! Heck yeah!