Thought I'd give a quick update since I've been slack. Classes started back today and fortunately I was able to come. I thought I might have to take this semester off for financial reasons, but God is good and here I am. I had Comparative Religion this morning which I'm really excited about (even though it's an 8 am class) and I just got out of Public Speaking, which won't be too bad (hopefully). I'm headed off to Philosophy in a few minutes and tomorrow night I will go see Dr. Manetta in Mental Health Services in SCWK. I'm so excited about that class...fits right in with my passions!
Matt is doing well. He's been teaching 1st grade for a few weeks now. He's got some rough kids but he's getting the hang of it. I'm a proud wife.
Both of my jobs are awesome & I'm loving them. I've just got to really learn how to balance my time working 2 jobs, going to school, church activities, & of course being a new wife. This semester should be a challenge but I'm looking forward to it all.
I'm heading out for Philosophy. Hopefully I'll update more soon. Peace, Love, & Chicken Grease!
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Let me tell you, my friends, last week was a crazy one (this one's gonna be bullet style).
- Last Tuesday my boy Matt got in a wreck. Oh yes, you gotta love those 4 car pile ups in Charlotte. All is well though--the Lumina is smashed (actually totaled) but Matty is just fine.
- Wednesday was Matt's b-day. I really can't remember what we did--pathetic huh?
- But then, Thursday began the madness. Thursday afternoon I rode to the big town of Sumter with Kelly & Wendy for Kelly's lingerie shower. That was a crazy time with 33 ladies & millions of panties and so forth.
- After the shower began the wedding madness. How much fun it was to follow my Kelly around & be her "assistant". We got pedicures and had lots of girl talk.
- The wedding was so beatiful. I cried and cried. I'm so excited for Kelly & Paul.
- After their wedding I had to head to Lexington for Rene' & Nathan's wedding. Unfortunately I didn't make it in time for the ceremony but I did get to the dessert reception. How good it was to see old friends this weekend (Erroneous, Shlebs, Tam Tam, & I even got to see Pierre!).
- Fast forwarding to this week. Monday was my first day working at Impact. I had a ball & am so excited about working there! To those of you wondering, yes, I am now working 2 jobs. I'm still doing ABA therapy with a child who has autism & I'm a "fitness instructor" at Impact XPress Fitness. It's gonna be an exciting year!
- Yesterday Matt had an interview for a 1st grade position at Rosewood Elementary. He got the job on the spot and started new teacher orientation last night. School starts Tuesday so he has less than a week to get his classroom and everything organized. Pray for him. He is extremely overwhelmed by this transition. It'll be awesome though!
Guess that's all for now. Have a good one.