Wednesday, August 03, 2005

it's a mad mad world

Let me tell you, my friends, last week was a crazy one (this one's gonna be bullet style).

  • Last Tuesday my boy Matt got in a wreck. Oh yes, you gotta love those 4 car pile ups in Charlotte. All is well though--the Lumina is smashed (actually totaled) but Matty is just fine.
  • Wednesday was Matt's b-day. I really can't remember what we did--pathetic huh?
  • But then, Thursday began the madness. Thursday afternoon I rode to the big town of Sumter with Kelly & Wendy for Kelly's lingerie shower. That was a crazy time with 33 ladies & millions of panties and so forth.
  • After the shower began the wedding madness. How much fun it was to follow my Kelly around & be her "assistant". We got pedicures and had lots of girl talk.
  • The wedding was so beatiful. I cried and cried. I'm so excited for Kelly & Paul.
  • After their wedding I had to head to Lexington for Rene' & Nathan's wedding. Unfortunately I didn't make it in time for the ceremony but I did get to the dessert reception. How good it was to see old friends this weekend (Erroneous, Shlebs, Tam Tam, & I even got to see Pierre!).
  • Fast forwarding to this week. Monday was my first day working at Impact. I had a ball & am so excited about working there! To those of you wondering, yes, I am now working 2 jobs. I'm still doing ABA therapy with a child who has autism & I'm a "fitness instructor" at Impact XPress Fitness. It's gonna be an exciting year!
  • Yesterday Matt had an interview for a 1st grade position at Rosewood Elementary. He got the job on the spot and started new teacher orientation last night. School starts Tuesday so he has less than a week to get his classroom and everything organized. Pray for him. He is extremely overwhelmed by this transition. It'll be awesome though!

Guess that's all for now. Have a good one.

1 comment:

erin said...

Aw Mackey..that is awesome about Matt! So much closer and not all that Charlotte traffic. Man I am excited for yall. Lots of new opportunities for both of you..God is good. And it was great seeing you this weekend:)