Thursday, July 21, 2005

horses and gators

Last weekend Matt & I went up to Lake Waccamaw, NC with my dad. He has been working at the Boys & Girls Home there for two weeks now. We were excited to go see what it's all about. We had a great time hunting for gators in the swamp (I spotted two!) and feeding the horses. I am so excited for my family. I am a little sad that they won't be so close (3 hours away instead of 3 minutes) but I know God has placed them where He wants them. My dad loves his job and it is such a blessing for him to be there. God is good.

Matt is looking for a new job. There is a possibility of a job at a really nice child development center in Fort Mill. That would be wonderful since it would be a lot closer. Matt is just getting burnt out driving to Northern Charlotte and dealing with all the drama at his job. Pray that he will be able to find a job that he will enjoy.

This continues to be a crazy busy summer for us. I'm looking forward to school starting so I can have more of a routine. I will be shadowing a child at McFeat all day on Monday/Wednesday/Fridays and I'm thrilled about that. It will be fun.

Today is my best friend Kelly Douglass' birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

9 more days until Paul & Kelly's wedding and Nathan & Rene's wedding! How exciting!!!

No comments: