- I finished up my classes. Got my grades. Got all B's this semester which is pretty good considering I'm married, working 2 jobs, and going to school full time. I was excited that I got a B in Statistics and Nutrition. I'm glad this semester is over with. Now all that's left is my internship. I'm also going to take a Photography class next semester, just for fun. I'm excited since I have always wanted to take a photography class and now I've got the chance.
- Matt has 5 more days left of teaching. I know he is relieved since this has been a very stressful year. He is still looking for a job though so pray that doors will be opened.
- We had a wonderful weekend. I had strep throat but struggling though it all. Saturday we went to Carowinds with our Sunday School class. It was exhausting but still lots of fun and good fellowship. I was feeling really bad after that so Matt & I went home & crashed for a while. Then we went to the Winthrop baseball game with his parents and grandparents. We had an enjoyable time. Sunday morning we went to church at the Parks' church (Christ Ridge in Fort Mill) and to our great surprise Jeff Ferguson was preaching. After the service we went back to the Parks' house for a delicious lunch. It was Mother's Day but also Mr. Parks' birthday so we celebrated both. We listened to some more war stories from Matt's dad and realized how thankful we are to have him home. Later we went to Paul & Kelly's & hung out, went to church with them, and had dinner at IHOP. It was a busy and exhausting weekend but we had good times with good friends and family.
- Right now all I'm doing is working--at Impact and with Carlos. I'm working about 45 hours a week total but still have plenty of time to relax. Many days I don't have to go in to work until 5 pm so it's be nice to sleep in, go for a walk at Cherry Park, go to the tanning bed, and shopping. :)
- So...I'm in a contest with this lady at the gym to see who can lose the most weight by July 1st. We started yesterday and I've done great with the balanced eating and exercising since then. I really have no problem exercising since I work at a gym 5 days a week but it's the eating thing that kills me. I love french fries, hamburgers, chicken strips...any kind of fast food. I'm really working on it though. This competition is good for me because it gives me some motivation. It'll be fun!
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
It has been quite a while since I've updated this thing. It's going to be bullet style today...