Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Motivation

I need some motivation. I need to be healthier--eat better and exercise. It is quite sad to think that I used to work out 5 days a week and now I don't work out at all. Why did I stop? Life got in the way. Between training for this job, moving to New Orleans, and this dreadful heat, working out lost it's place in my day. I would love to go walking/running but it's just not as fun when it is 95 degrees at 7 am and 7 pm. There is no time when it is not hot here. I need to do it anyway. I feel so much better when I exercise. I'm just going to do it. But, I need your help. I need the perfect workout playlist for my ipod. So, here's my task for you. What are your favorite songs to work out to? What motivates you to get up and get moving? I'm open to all suggestions.

The other part of my healthy plan is getting back to eating right. Somehow, between the fried chicken and homemade pralines, this house just doesn't help me to eat right. I've got to overcome all this junk in the house and go back to my fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean meats. I've decided I'm going to the grocery store this afternoon to stock up on my healthy goodies.

No more Cane's chicken fingers and Rally's fries for me.

No comments: