Monday, August 27, 2007

Following Him.

As I was sitting in one of my classes today, the Spirit moved me. In the middle of policies and procedures, a voice in my heart told me that I am not in the right place. Now I am not talking about New Orleans, because we all know that the Lord led me here to do His work. I am talking about school. I am pursuing my Masters of Social Work and thought this was my dream. Social Work is my passion. Helping others is my passion. The homeless, the poor, the neglected, the abused, the list goes on and on...they are my passion. What I felt today was a calling drawing me closer to His will. I feel that SUNO (Southern University) is not where God is calling me. I truly feel that He is calling me to go to seminary to pursue the calling that is given to me. I am fortunate enough that there is a seminary here that I could possibly go to (New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary). I am looking into this and will see where it leads. I also need to decide what degree I would pursue there. My options are to get my: MDiv in Psychology and Counseling, a Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Social Work), or my MDiv with Specialization in Christian Education (Concentration in Social Work). I have no idea what the right program for me would be, but it's all in His hands. If this is what God wills for my life, He will work it all out. Pray that God would lead me in the decisions I may be making and pray that God will lead the right people in my life to help guide me in these decisions.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We really do need to talk soon. I want to get all the details about your pending decisions. I know its difficult waiting, but God will open the right doors.