Thursday, August 02, 2007

Grateful

My head has been spinning the past two weeks from dealing with a million things. We have dealt with more non-compliant behaviors, unexpected outings, staffings, court dates, broken down vans and just plain rude, ungrateful teenage girls. The past two weeks have been trying for us but we know that this is what it's all about--loving these girls when they are unlovable. I am continuing to learn a lot about myself and how to serve others. It's times like these when I am so grateful for the grace and strength of my Savior. I would not be here and would have no purpose here without Him. Thank you Lord for giving Matt & me this opportunity.

I had a very self-indulged, therapeutic, "me day" today--which I desperately needed. Matt & I went back to the SPCA and found a beautiful dog that we are going to adopt. She is a pit bull mix, which we weren't going to get, but we just fell in love with her. We are going to name her Nola. :) We are waiting for them to come out and do a yard check (to make sure our fence is good enough) and then we get her! So, it should happen in the next few days. I can't wait to get her and post pictures of her so you all can see just how precious she is! After we got home from the SPCA, we came home and took a quick nap and then I headed out to meet my dear friend, Karina. Karina & I went & got coffee and walked around some--just had some good talk time. I am so thankful for the friendship that we have. I remember being in 7th grade and venting to her about my struggles and here we are 10 years later and she is still listening to me vent. :) I love her dearly. After my girl time with her, Matt & I went to dinner at Nacho MaMa's Mexican Grill and I swear, this was the best Mexican food I have EVER had in my life! I got a jerked chicken burrito and Matt got a cheese chimichanga and they were both divine! I told Matt, "You know food is good when you say 'Mmmmmmm' after every bite!". My mouth is watering just thinking of it. Matt & I also discovered Buffalo Exchange which is basically a consignment store for "cool" clothes. I got some Banana Republic dress shorts for $10 and Matt got a Quicksilver shirt for $12. Score! I find something else about this city that I love every day! That was my day of indulgence and "me time" and it was well worth it.

Oh, I got Mandisa's cd yesterday and am loving it! She is just fabulous!

And here's a shout out to our favorite five year old boy, Grant. He turned five yesterday and is going to kindergarten this year! We love him and his family and miss them tons!

No comments: