Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Who needs water?

We have had quite an exciting day, so I felt the need to blog about it.

I got to work this morning and was told that we didn't have water at the school & daycare. There were some guys working on the water tank and they said it was fixable, so we thought there was no way we would be closing down. A little while later we got word that the office needed the names of all the kids there today that they were closing and calling parents to come pick up the kids! This was about 10 am and they told the parents they had to pick up the kids by 1 pm. It was an interesting morning--my two year olds going potty and us having to tell them not to flush the toilet. Haha. One by one our kids started leaving and by 1 pm I had one child left in my class (all the other two year olds were gone). Poor kid, they couldn't get in touch with his parents, but finally got in touch with his grandparents. I was the last teacher to leave at 1:30 pm. It was so great to leave early and have the entire afternoon to get things done! I went to the gym, the tanning bed, Panera for lunch with Matt, and the grocery store...all before 4 pm! I also had an appointment to get my hair cut at 5:45 pm. It was a very busy, productive day! AND we just got the call that the school & daycare are closed tomorrow too! Holla! Here are some pics of my new haircut.


No comments: