Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Birthday, Daddy!


In honor of my Dad's birthday tomorrow (Friday).

Because you're my dad, I am a social worker.

Because you're my dad, I am a people lover.

Because you're my dad, I love music and can't spend a day (or even an hour) without it.

Because you're my dad, I am a technology junkie.

Because you're my dad, I will always and forever love Strossners cakes with orange cream filling and will share that love with my family.

Because you're my dad, I will always have wonderful memories of 103 Gilstrap Drive.

Because you're my dad, I know that just spending time with children makes a difference in their lives.

Because you're my dad, when I have my own office, I will have to have starburst jellybeans there for anyone who enters the door.

Because you're my dad, I will continue to have a love for books and always remember your library (literally) of an office at Epworth.

Because you're my dad, I will always cherish those father/daughter dates we had when I was growing up.

Because you're my dad, I have a special place in my heart for Garden City Chapel.

Because you're my dad, I will remember those exhausting "Take Your Daughter to Work Days" that lasted until 10 pm (the joys of social work).

Because you're my dad, I know that social workers are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and I will take great pride and joy in the work that I do.

Because you're my dad, I know that no matter what, God can and will pull us though our tough times.

Because you're my dad, I know that a father's love is irreplaceable.


Thank you for being the best Dad I could possibly ask for. I love you!

1 comment:

erin said...

i love it. thanks for sharing all those memories of your dad.