Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!


Because you're my mother, I know I am loved.

Because you're my mother, I know the power of prayer.

Because you're my mother, I know God.

Because you're my mother, I know that forgetting to put the lid on the blender and ending up with cranberry salad all over the kitchen does not ruin Christmas.

Because you're my mother, I know that children are a blessing.

Because you're my mother, I know the importance of studying the Word.

Because you're my mother, I know that watching golf, football, basketball, and baseball is not just a "guy thing".

Because you're my mother, I know that cooking for family is important (even if it is quite frustrating at times).

Because you're my mother, I know that we all need to step out of our comfort zone.

Because you're my mother, I will always love the books "Go Dog Go" and "Love You Forever".

Because you're my mother, I will always love ham rolls, potato soup, breakfast casserole, and sausage balls.

Because you're my mother, I have felt your unconditional love and support, even when I thought I didn't want it.

Because you're my mother, I enjoy scrap booking.

Because you're my mother, I will always remember the Nibble Nook.

Because you're my mother, I know the importance of having a few good girl friends.

Because you're my mother, I know that marriage and family require daily sacrifice.

Because you're my mother, I understand what a mother's love is all about.

Thank you for your love. I love you, Mom.

*I stole this idea from Amanda Moore*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because I'm your mom, I've known the joys of mothering a girl as well as a boy…and of being truly amazed at seeing pink blankets, flowered nightgowns, and “It’s a GIRL!” signs in my hospital room after you were born.

Because I'm your mom, I've had the great honor of honoring MY mother by giving you her name.

Because I'm your mom, I’ve had the thrill of introducing you to all four of your grandparents…and of enjoying watching you (as well as your brother) bring delight and joy and a new sense of purpose to their lives.


Because I'm your mom, I've had the (sometimes heart-stopping) experience of parenting a risk-taker....beginning with suddenly realizing that you (at age 2) had climbed the 14 steps of the slide in Mays Park...all by yourself!

Because I'm your mom, I've had the pleasure of shopping for smocked dresses, frilly socks, patent leather shoes, and cute hairbows...and of tying countless sashes on those smocked and ruffled dresses.

Because I'm your mom, I've had the fun of helping Santa find just the right doll, doll clothes, and stroller to put under the Christmas tree.

Because I'm your mom, I will also always love the books "Go Dog, Go" and "Love You Forever."

Because I'm your mom, I've had the joy of being part of your admiring audience...first, for all those "shows" that you and the Campbell girls used to put on for us...followed by gymnastic events, Brownie fly-ups, school plays, choir musicals, chorus concerts, Christmas and homecoming parades, and so much more.

Because I'm your mom, I've had the unforgettable experience of seeing you decorate your room with neon-yellow walls, hubcaps, and street signs.

Because I'm your mom, I've learned that adding a little color to your hair doesn't change who you really are.

Because I'm your mom, I've come to know that, with God, I could survive the pain of seeing YOU in pain, both physical and emotional…that God does, indeed, answer prayers…and that without exception, His grace IS sufficient, just as He says.

Because I'm your mom, I've had the joy of sharing my love of others' children with MY child.

Because I'm your mom, I've had the incomparable privilege of watching God capture your heart, and of looking on and even sharing with you as you have developed your own walk with Him.

Because I'm your mom, I’ve had the humbling experience of watching you live out your values on the pavement of life...such as showing compassion to those in the inner city who have been dealt a hard life.

Because I'm your mom, I’ve had the satisfaction of being the mother of the bride...and the joy of seeing you be wed to your groom in a beautiful, God-honoring ceremony.

Because I'm your mom, I've had the pleasure of being the mother-in-law to a wonderful son-in-law.

Because I'm your mom, I’ve been reminded and convinced all over again that our marriages are worth fighting for.

Because I'm your mom, I've known the pride of having a college graduate…and of watching you pursue an even higher level of education.

Because I'm your mom, I’ve had the thrill of knowing that you aspire to be a mom yourself…and of looking forward to the day when you will make me a grandmom!

Because I'm your mom...
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as we're living,
My baby you'll be.

With much love,
Mom