Thursday, May 17, 2007

heavy hearted

I have been on the verge of tears for the entire evening. My heart is heavy for two reasons.

One, for the loss of DeAndre. Though i did not know him, he made an impact on everyone who ever saw him (both on and off the court). He had such a passion for life (and including with that passion was a huge smile and abounding energy). The funeral is Monday in Atlanta. I wish we could go, but I don't think we'll be able to because of work. There will be a memorial service at Winthrop sometime next week after the funeral. We will be sure to be there.

Another reason my heart is heavy is because we still haven't gotten a call back from the program director about the job we interviewed for. We have left him two messages and keep waiting. I'm quite frustrated and starting to think we didn't get the job. I put in my resume to two more places last night. I'm glad God knows what's best for his people, because I sure don't at this point. Once again, it's that trusting in Him thing that is hard for me.

God said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12.9-10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about what words I could use to encourage you, and I remembered the "commissioning" that Beth spoke over us in Columbia. She taught from James 1:2-6...

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

Count it a joy, Dear One
When life gets hard.
God is doing something huge!
He is also proving
That you are NOT a fake.
Be brave, Mighty Warrior.
Your God is with you!
When waves are crashing,
Stand to your feet,
Throw your head back
And feel the wind of the Spirit!
God is painting a masterpiece
With multi-colored trials.
Go forth and display
Divine special effects
To the great glory of God.
YOU CAN DO IT!


When we're together (which will be soon!), I'll give you a summary of her teaching. Until then, be strong and courageous...know that you are loved...not only by many of us, but even more so by God Himself. He does have a plan for you, and He will reveal it to you in His own perfect time.

Love you much,
Mom