Sunday, April 29, 2007

another weekend full of fun!

We had another fun-filled busy weekend.

Friday night, Matt & I went with one of our co-teachers at Catawba, her husband and three kids (and another couple & their kids) to the drive-in movie in Belmont. This was my first drive-in experience and it was fabulous! We saw Meet the Robinsons and it was quite cute. They will be playing Shrek 3 there this summer and I can't wait to go see it!

Saturday morning, Matt, Paul, Kelly, & I got up fairly early to go to the Herald's yard sale. It was SO worth it! We found lots of good stuff including three disc golf discs for only $7, a cell phone case for $7, a SC Native license plate for $1, some sponge paints for 25 cents, and a candy machine for $35. Let me tell you about this cool candy machine that we got. We saw it and Matt was like "I want it" so I told him to go ahead and get it. It still had old runts in it but also had money in it. The lady had lost the key and never bothered to get another one/get someone to open it. We instantly thought the candy machine would be a fun purchase and Matt could put it in his classroom. So, we bought the candy machine. Once we got home we figured out that there is no way to get another key for that lock, so we called a locksmith. We took it over to this locksmiths house (he works out of his van) and he drilled the lock off for $5. At this point we have invested $40 in this machine. Matt & I then head home to count the money. Matt was driving and I was holding the machine in my lap. Well, the top of the machine kept falling off (because the lock was drilled) and then the bottom kept coming off because it was all unscrewed. Needless to say, we had old, nasty runts flying out off the top of the machine and quarters flying out of the bottom. I was trying my best to hold it all in but I didn't do so well. I wish I had a picture of that! Anyway, we get home and count the money and there was $43 in the machine! So, we made a profit of $3 and got an awesome candy machine! Woot woot!

Later that afternoon Kelly's friend from high school, Julie and her baby Jade came to visit. We had a blast loving on her!

That night, we all went to see Merry Pranksters put on their play "Guess Who's Not Coming to Dinner". We had a blast and laughed a lot!

Needless to say, we had an eventful weekend.

Here are some pictures that pretty much sum it all up.


I got into grad school!


Matt's candy machine


Loving on baby Jade

What cuties!

Merry Pranksters (that's our friend Tim as the king)

No comments: