Friday, April 13, 2007

We're home!

Home, sweet, Rock Hill...for the next couple months atleast...soon it will be Home, sweet, New Orleans! We made the drive in 12 hours. It is only supposed to be 11 hours, but we hit that crazy Friday afternoon Atlanta traffic. It took us almost 2 hours to get through Atlanta. Oh well, we're home and that's all that matters.

Tomorrow Kelly & I are throwing our good friend Jen a baby shower (she's due May 25th). And then my parents will be stopping thru Rock Hill on their way home from Columbia.

It's going to be a busy weekend.

Matt & I are definitely still on the "New Orleans buzz"...googling everything about New Orleans and reading up on all that we can. I'll leave you with this quote Matt just found. It's quite moving to me--I embraces the compassion and urgency I hvae for the city of New Orleans. New Orleans is truly something that I live for.

"Everytime I close my eyes blowing that trumpet of mine--I look right into the heart of good old New Orleans--it has given me something to live for." ~Louis Armstrong

No comments: