Monday, April 09, 2007

The Road to New Orleans: Day 3



Matt & I had a quite busy morning/early afternoon looking for apartments. We first went to this apartment community called The Creeks. This community includes five different apartment complexes within it's gated community. As soon as we saw it, we were impressed. We went to four out of the five complexes and looked at their apartments and got their rates. They are all very nice--lots of space, huge closets, some have garden tubs (now *that* would be nice!) and the landscaping is absolutely beautiful with creeks and fountains in each complex. If we are able to afford it, we would love to live here. It seems very safe and has a strong sense of community.

We then drove to Gretna and looked at a couple apartment complexes there. The first one had an extremely tiny master bedroom and only allows one pet, so that is out. We went to another complex which seemed okay, but nothing out of the ordinary. It's still a possibility.

By then it was 3 pm and we stopped by Wal-Mart to buy some food and stuff and then we headed back to our hotel. We were exhausted from our apartment hunting and crashed. We planned to nap for an hour and then get up but by the time I got up we had slept for 2 1/2 hours! I woke Matt up and now here I am in the lobby updating. Matt wants to stay in tonight because Prison Break is on tv. We'll save some money and eat PB & J for dinner and head out to the city tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning we'll head to Slidell to look at some apartments there and then we're going to stop by the Friendship House and see my sweet sweet friend Karina. Karina is a friend of mine that has known me since I was in 7th grade and she was going to school at CIU. She was my Sunday School teacher and turned into my mentor and best friend. We have kept in contact since then and she is a missionary at the Baptist Friendship House and has been living in New Orleans for about 7 years. Karina is the one who gave me the opportunity to come to NO for the first time and she shares my passion for the city and its people. I cannot wait to see her. She is one of those friends who you only get to see every couple years but every time we are together it's like nothing has changed.

I'm posting my pictures on my facebook account..here's the links. Sorry I can't hyperlink them right now so you will have to cut & paste.

Day 1: http://winthrop.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033117&l=8390c&id=45500189

Day 2 & 3: http://winthrop.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033281&l=520ff&id=45500189

No comments: