Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Road to New Orleans: Day 4


I am quite tired and a little tipsy from that Hurricane I just had at Pat O'Briens, but I want to update for you all.

Matt & I went out to Slidell this morning and looked at two apartments there. The second one we looked at are *really* nice and a little cheaper than the ones we saw yesterday, but it was like a 45 minute drive and that was when the traffic was good. We will just have to see where our job is and stuff.

Then we went to see my friend, Karina at the Friendship House. We hung out there for quite a while and just had fun talking with everyone there.

We then headed down to the French Quarter and ate dinner at Margaritaville. We both got a Cheeseburger in Paradise. They were yummy. Then we walked around some more--down Bourbon Street and then we went to Pat O's for a Hurricane. This was the first time Matt & I had not shared one hurricane and they are huge--so we are both feeling pretty tipsy now. They are yummy though. Definitely a classic thing to do when you're in New Orleans.

We then navigated our way back to our hotel after missing a turn, but we are learning the city quite well. Now it's time to get in our pj's and head to bed. We have our meeting tomorrow morning at 9 am in Metarie, so we will leave the hotel about 8 am.

I'm too tired to post pictures now, I'll post them tomorrow.

No comments: