Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Phew!

I just wrote a 5 1/2 page paper in less than an hour! Wow I'm good! Actually it wasn't that hard b/c it was on homelessness and shelters I researched in the area. It was a pretty cool assignment. I'm definitely getting into this social work stuff. I'm hoping I'm going to do my internship at a homeless shelter or something of that sort.

Matt & I were talking and we really just wanna move to South Africa and work at an orphanage for the rest of our lives...how awesome would that be. But that isn't really a possibility right now. Maybe sometime in the future.

I still don't have my computer. Wanna know why?! It had...no lie...97 viruses on it! What the crap! I sure wasn't taking very good care of my computer! I almost lost all my pics and files but my dad is so amazing he saved them for me! He's still got a lot of work to do on my computer though...so who knows when I'll get it back. On a good note, Matt's mom bought him an amazing laptop for his birthday/graduation/Christmas present. It's really cool!

Matt & I went to the RUF Barn Dance/Hoe Down last Saturday night. I had the greatest time. Square dancing is my new hobby! I for real want to go square dancing more often! And we ate some yummy barbeque and s'mores! After that we (Matt, Bethany, Joe & I) went to Joce's for some home-made blueberry pancakes! We also watched A Cinderella Story, but I took a nap b/c I'd already seen it and I was tired. But man, can Joce make some yummy blueberry pancakes! Overall, it was a wonderful night!

Sunday night a bunch of us went to Joe's Crab Shack for Russell's birthday. Despite the wait, we had a wonderful time and got to do the chicken dance! I love Joe's! You guys better be up for it again because we're definitely going for my birthday!

I'll leave ya with a quote my wonderful roomie, Sarah, shared with us...

"The only time you should take about someone is if you are on your knees with your hands folded."

1 comment:

erin said...

wow..thats a pretty amazing quote...definitely gonna have to borrow that one...words to live by..true holla.