Wednesday, October 20, 2004

10.20.04

I've got a couple quotes for ya...

"Don't go postal, go coastal" ~Jimmy Buffett

and

"Dysfunction doesn't come in isolation." ~Dr. Lyman

Anyway, this has been the longest week, which is weird since I didn't even have work or class Monday. Matt & his mom are up in Ft. Bragg right now visiting his dad. His dad is on lock-down though, so they can only see him at night. Today he is going through POW training, which means he has to sit in a room and be interrogated for 6 hours...that's scary. At least they prepare you for that though, not that you can really be prepared to go to war. This war is definitely hitting home with me right now. I've never really had anyone close to me go to war...and now that it's Matt's dad going, it has hit me hard.

What I've got to do the rest of this week:
-Read for my SCWK 395 midterm tomorrow
-Work on my community resource project for SCWK 395, which includes calling homeless shelters around the area and finding out what resources they offer
-Listen to my HIST 102 lecture online (should have done this over fall break)
-Finish up my resume & prepare for my mock interview
-Prepare for the Right Fit seminar at Westminster on Saturday

Guess that's all...not really that much.

I'm heading out now.

No comments: