Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Fall Break

Since everyone else wrote a journal entry about their fall break experience I thought I would too.

Let's start with Friday. I went to work like normal & then waited for Matt to get off work. We headed down to Columbia for the fair. We got there around 5 pm and walked around for a while. We fed some animals & Matt got chased down by a llama. And we rode my favorite ride...the Feuer Ball. Then we went to the Newsboys concert & met up with Erin, Nikki, & some of their friends. I felt real old b/c the first time I saw Newsboys in concert, I was in 6th grade. Those guys are getting pretty old, but they can still rock it out. After the concert we all walked around some more. Then, the coolest thing happened...we rode an elephant! Matt & I rode the elephant & Erin, & two of her friends rode it too. While Matt & I are standing in line to ride the elephant, all of the sudden we hear the elephant fart and no lie, his tail moved up & down b/c the fart was so strong! And then it stunk up the place. That was funny. It was the loudest fart I have ever heard! So, after we walked around some more & rode the Ferris Wheel, Matt & I headed back up to the Thrill.

Saturday I slept until noon & was pretty lazy for a while after that. Then Matt came & picked me up, we went to Bojangles to get some food & headed to the Greenway for a picnic & a hike. We had a nice hike & learned all about poisen ivy (which Matt claims he's not allergic to). Then we went over by the horses & pet this one horse for a while. We fed him some grass & he decided to lay his head on my chest & slobber all over me. Nnnniiiiiccceeee! He was a sweet horse though. After we left the Greenway we went to see The Village at the $1.50 movies. Matt locked his keys in the car, so when we got out his mom met us there to give him a key. His mom is driving this really huge truck for a while. So, Matt & I hop in the back & she rides around the parking lot squeeling "yeehaw!" It was hilarious.

Sunday morning Matt & I were introduced to the congregation at Westminster. I love my new church! :) Then his mom treated us to Sake for lunch. I really can't remember what we did after that...maybe I took a nap? Sunday night we headed over to Joce's to watch Saved with Lori, Joce, Jess & Sarah. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

Yesterday I slept almost all day. I got up at 12:30 pm & watched tv for a while. Then I went back to sleep from 2-3 pm, until Matt called me. Then Matt & I went shopping, to Chick-Fil-A, & Cherry Park. Then I came back to my apt and took another nap. Wow man, you'd think I never got any sleep.

Okay, I gotta go to class now. I'll update more sometime.

No comments: