Tuesday, October 12, 2004

10.12.04

Here I am sitting in the library 30 minutes before my Religion 201 midterm and what am I doing? I'm updating my blog. I've studied my butt off & my mind can't take any more religion right now.

If you are wondering why I haven't been online lately, it's because my computer died. My dad is working on it, so hopefully I will get it back soon. I'm so thankful to have a dad who knows how to fix computers!

I guess my biggest excitement has been that Matt & I are officially members at Westminster now. As of Sunday afternoon, I am a Presbyterian! :) We have met so many amazing people through the Inquirer's Seminar and the other things we have been involved in and I love that. I feel so comfortable there and being comfortable in church is something I haven't felt in a long time. I'm so excited to have found such an amazing church with amazing people who live by the gospel of grace and not legalism!

School is school and it sucks. I'm so ready to get out. I truly can't wait until my internship & getting out in the real world of social work. My passion is with the people, not with the textbook definitions.

Lately, I have been learning how to be more honest with myself as well as others, especially in the little things. When someone asks us where we want to eat & we say we don't care when we really do, why do we do that? Why are we so afraid of hurting others & offending them in little things that don't matter? Matt & I are working on this...being open & honest in every situation. I feel like I have nothing to hide from him & I know he won't judge me, yet sometimes I still hold back. Why is that? Human nature I guess.

Alright, I guess I'm going to head over to Kinard & study for a few more minutes before my midterm.

No comments: