Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blessings

The past couple weeks have been highly emotional for our little family. I think Matt & I were just both burnt out. We have been SO incredibly blessed by God in the past couple weeks though. It is amazing how He continues to care and provide for His children. I wanted to share some of the blessings that have been given to us lately, mainly so I can look back at them and remember just how good God is.

  • A family at church that we don't even know gave us a gift card to Babies R Us, just as we were needing a high chair for Emma.
  • A friend from church, knowing that we were stressed out, brought us a delicious meal & a Wal-Mart gift card from our church.
  • A friend from church invited me over to hang out while Matt was working at the Pita Pit. This same friend also let us borrow some clothes for Emma (they have two girls) and gave us a gift certificate to www.diapers.com
  • When I visited the doctor this week, to get a new prescription, he didn't charge me for the visit and gave me 2 1/2 months worth of samples of the medicine!
  • The same doctor did not charge Matt for his visit today when he went to get his knee x-rayed. Extra blessing--Matt's knee is not broken or dislocated!!!
  • The weather has been so wonderful that Emma & I have been able to go on lots of walks lately.
  • A spot has opened up so that Emma can go to work with Matt (they have a nursery there), which leaves more opportunities for me to work wherever I need to!
"The LORD is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him."
[Nahum 1:7]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! God is Good! your family is such an inspiration. I think of the three of you in a place with no family nearby, living in the middle of a city and matt working two jobs and read the crazy stories you tell and I get scared sometimes...but then I remember how much you love New Orleans and how you have been called there and how strong your faith is...you're truly an inspiration and I love you guys.

elizabeth embracing life said...

God is so good, when we truly seek Him and then give honor to Him when we are blessed. Thanks for sharing in honor of the goodness of our Lord Jesus.