Wednesday, May 28, 2008

God is good.

God is so good.

Yesterday, I was waiting on the doctor to call me back and tell me when I could bring Emma in to recheck her Jaundice. While I was waiting, my mom decided to head to Wal-Mart to get a few things. Right after my mom left, the doctor called (about 12:35 pm) and told us to come in about 1-1:15pm. So, I call my mom's cell phone to let her know to come home so she could take us. And then I realize my mom left her cellphone at the house. After a few minutes of freaking out, I decide to pull myself together and just take the bus to the doctor. I am very hesitant because I thought we would be late to the doctor and I was scared about all the germs and yuck on the bus. And Emma was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up and upset her. But, I decide I've got to do it anyway. So, I quickly pack Emma's diaper bag and grab some money for the bus fare. I put Emma in her Snugli (for the first time ever) and walk to the end of the block to the bus stop. I wait for a few minutes and the bus doesn't come. By then it was 1pm and I knew we would be extremely late to the doctor, so I decide to walk home and call the doctor to see if I could change the appointment. As I am walking home, I hear someone call out my name. I turned around and see this girl from church. She asks if I need a ride and I yell out "YES!" and hop in her car. I had only met this girl, Susan, once and she recognized me and saw that I looked like I needed a ride. Susan was so sweet to take us to the doctor and even took some pictures to document Emma's first doctor's visit. Praise God for sending her!! He is good.

Emma's check up went well. Her Jaundice isn't bad anymore and the doctor said we're on the right track because she is eating so well. Emma had already gained 3 oz since leaving the hospital only 2 days earlier. Emma is in the 50th percentile for weight and just below 50th percentile for height. Such a perfect little girl! :)

No comments: