Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras!

This will be my last post about Mardi Gras (for this year at least). Matt & I went to two parades last night, Proteus and Orpheus (which I loved). Then this morning, we got up at 4:30 am, in order to order to claim our spot on St. Charles Avenue for the Zulu, Rex, Elks, and Crescent City parades. Once we got to St. Charles we found a good spot, set up our chairs, table and grill...and paraded all day long. It was wonderful (and our girls were on their best behavior)! I'm ready to go to sleep and wake up and it be next year so I can do it all again! The only sad part of Mardi Gras for me was that our family and friends weren't here to enjoy it all with us...maybe next year. And for those of you who wonder how Emma liked Mardi Gras...she liked the bands playing and would kick when she heard the drums. :)

Matt waiting on the Proteus parade on Lundi Gras

And I'm chillaxin' as well.

We found out these guys are called flambeauxs

Proteus

I thought this was a really pretty float

But this one was one of my fave's with fiberoptic lights

Salt 'N Peppa were celebrity monarchs...I caught some beads and stuffed animals they threw

I loved this float as well...it's a train!

And a dragon!

Anything goes during Mardi Gras!

Zulu...the first parade on Fat Tuesday

Zulu again

I caught a mask!

Here we are...having the time of our lives!

And Matt cooked some good chicken (and hotdogs) on the grill

Happy Mardi Gras!

A float during the Rex parade

And after Rex came the "truck parades"

And this is what was left over...

No comments: