Saturday, June 30, 2007

Conviction

Please take a few minutes to watch this video.



If that doesn't convict you, I don't know what will. I have been struggling with this issue a lot lately. Like most Americans, I love "things". I love shopping and buying useless stuff. Since Matt & I took this job at Girls and Boys Town, we are more financially secure than we ever have been and ever thought we would be at this point in our lives. With our housing, electricity, cable, internet, and food being provided for us, the only bill we have is our car payment (which we just bought), car insurance, cell phones, and a storage unit. That leaves a lot of $ for "stuff". Living in New Orleans is tempting in itself. There are designer stores, boutiques with $300 dollar shoes and expensive coffee shops--all on the street we live on! I am SO tempted to walk down the street and splurge on a designer dress, or shoes, or things for our new home. I need to remember that it is God alone who has blessed us with these finances and I need to honor Him with them. I am not saying that it is wrong to splurge every once in a while, but my priorities need to change.

So what do you think of this video? Are you as convicted as I am? Or am I just completely of the world?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for posting this video. We need things like this to remind us how lucky we are. Paul and I have been blessed since we came out of college and still at the end of every month, we wonder where the money goes... It makes us want to reevaulate our budget and give back more. It's important to remember though, that there are more important things to give than money. Just as the end of the video says, our love and time can give more than money can buy. Thanks for sharing it!