Friday, November 28, 2008

Back to the blogging world.

Obviously, the past few weeks have been crazy busy for me and my little family.

*My mom and Mrs. Kay came to New Orleans for the re-taping of Beth Moore's Breaking Free Bible study. We had an amazing week full of eating, site seeing, and getting a Word from the Lord (through Beth Moore). God did a work in me and challenged me in new ways to stop being so selfish and just get in His Word.

My mom and I in front of the Breaking Free set.

*I turned 25 on November 15th. It's hard to believe that I'm 25, have been married 3 1/2 years and have a child. I am blessed.

*Emma and I rode back to SC with my mom, and Mrs. Kay so we could visit friends/family and go to Erin's wedding. The week seemed to fly by and I feel like I didn't get to spend as much time with everyone as I wanted, but that's how it goes when you have lots of people to see. Erin's wedding was beautiful and it was fun to see all my old college friends.

Emma taking a bath in Mrs. Carmen's kitchen sink.

Emma and her cousin Will. This is the best picture I could get of them--it's hard getting a good picture of a 1 year old and 6 month old!

College friends--Tara, Shelly, me (and Emma), and Kelly

Paul, Emma, and her "Beat South Carolina" sticker.
We were a divided family because I wore a "Beat Clemson" sticker.

Emma even participated in the bouquet toss!

Jocelyn and Emma

*We got back to New Orleans last Sunday night at 9:30 and I started work the next morning! I had a fun week and work and know that I'm going to love this job. The kids are great and so cute. And of course, it is so wonderful to be with Emma. It will definitely take some time for Emma to transition into this new environment, but I think she will be fine. She had a fussy week (because she's sick), so I had to hold her a lot, which was a kind of a hassle when I was trying to do stuff with the other kids. But, she loves the other kids and they love her.

*Emma has had a cold for a couple weeks now, and it has gotten progressively worse. She has been extremely fussy the past couple days and had a low-grade fever. We took her to the doctor this morning, and she has a sinus infection. She is now on amoxicillan, aka "the pink stuff". Hopefully it will help.

*We went over to the Friendship House for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. We had a wonderful time of food and fellowship. We ate lots and lots for dinner and continued to eat more throughout the day! We also had fun playing Apples to Apples and Imaginiff. Fun times with fun people.

*This morning when Emma woke up at 5am, we decided to get up and head out and brave the crowd at Toys R Us. When we got there, the parking lot was packed and we actually had to park on the sidewalk beside the store. Our goal was to get this toy for Emma for Christmas. There weren't any left at the display where they were supposed to be, so Matt asked a sales associate and they brought one out of the back for us! We saved about $15, so we think it was worth it.

*As of today, Emma weighs 15 lbs, 13 oz. She is almost double her birth weight! She's getting so big!

*I have been wanting a Keurig coffee maker for a while, ever since Kelly introduced me to hers. I hit up the close out sale at Linens and Things today and got the Special Edition Brewing System for $104.99. I'm pretty excited about it and know that it will get tons of use!

*Emma turned 6 months last Saturday and I need to write her letter. I will do that very soon.

Phew! It took me over an hour to write this post! Lots of catching up to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you'd better get that sticker off of Emma RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!(Just kidding---but only slightly! Her Grammy and Papa have got to see that Emma is raised RIGHT!!!)

What a fun time we had---can hardly wait to do it again. And your pictures are great! Thanks so much for posting them.

I'm trusting that the antibiotic is working by now, and that she is feeling better.

Much love to all...