Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was the first Thanksgiving that Matt & I have ever been away from our families. It was hard, but we had a wonderful day. I woke up at 6 am to start cooking (man, do I feel like my mom or what?)! Everything went smoothly and I had finished cooking by 10:45 am and we had eaten and cleaned the entire kitchen by noon! I was pretty proud! Here's what we enjoyed for our Thanksgiving meal: Coca-cola ham (by request of the girls), homemade cornbread stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy (NOT homemade!), green beans, chocolate chip pie, pumpkin pie, and sweet potato pie. Mmmm! It was all very delicious! We only had two girls here for dinner & then one left to be with her family after dinner...so we've been hanging out with just one girl. It's been really nice and peaceful. We went to see the movie, This Christmas, after dinner & then ate at Shoney's. And when we got home tonight Matt started getting the Christmas decorations out! Joy joy! What a wonderful day it has been! We sure have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments: