Wednesday, October 04, 2006

life

Why is it when things seem to be going wonderfully, something happens, you hit a rough spot, life brings the challenges? I think it's a God thing. When the rough times come it seems to knock us back into reality and realize that it's all about Him. It's not about us, our plans, our achievements. It's all about His plans and His grace. Thank you Jesus for once again kicking me in the butt & letting me know that it's not all about me!

When I hit a rough spot, I always seem to turn back to Jennifer Knapp's music. It's inspiring and humbling.

Romans~Jennifer Knapp

Just when I think I've got it,
It's gone.
When I think I know the answer
And I dare to raise my hand it's wrong.
Stop. Stop. Stop this foolish pride of mine.
That dares to drag me far away from you.
When I try to do it my way I always lose.
I always lose your point of view.

I don't have to be condemned.
Jesus saved me from the laws of sin.
If I fall I'll try again.
With the Spirit as my guide
I'll never have to hide again.

I, I, I try to close my eyes like a child
Playing in a game of hide and seek.
If I cannot see the Lord
Then surely Lord
You cannot see me.
As if I could ever
Keep Him from spying me.
All the plans of this man they're nothing more
Nothing more than evil schemes.

No comments: