Sunday, September 12, 2004

A deserving entry

This weekend has been wonderful. It has been relaxing, yet very random...

Last night I went over to the
Pink Palace for dinner. We (Joce, Devin, Kelly, Lori, & I) were all sitting around when Joce decides she wants PW's Icecream. We add on Abby & head to PW's in the back of Devin's pick-up truck (with Joce driving). After much trouble (can Joce make up her mind?) we get our icecream and are eating it when Joce decides she wants to do something random. After a bit of talking, we decide to go over to campus & slide down the fire chute behind Tillman. We get over to Tillman & climb up the chute...well, Devin, Kelly, & Joce did. Abby, Lori, & I chickened out a little ways up and went back down. Anyway, Devin, Kelly, & Joce have fun sliding down the chute, getting all dirty. I figure out the door is open to Tillman so we go inside to explore. Oh man...I didn't know Tillman was so cool! We went down to the basement & found lots of cool stuff (some of which was very tempting to steal). "Darn those morals!"~Kelly We also went up above the stage in the auditorium, which was really scary! I thought the floor was about to cave in...and those ladders are freaky! Well, we get done exploring Tillman & head back to Devin's truck. We all pile in the back and sit there for a while, having a "pow wow". Abby then decides that she wants to get on the roof of Byrnes. There is a music major, Ronny, sitting outside & he tells us that the sound room is open so we can go up to the roof. Kelly, Abby, & I decide to go for it...but we make Ronny come with us. So we go all the way to the top of Byrnes Auditorium & climb yet another scary ladder through this tiny hole in the roof! We get to the top and whoa...we're on the top of Byrnes! And let me tell you, the whole campus looks so different from up there! It was awesome! So that was our random night last night.

This morning I got up and went to Westminster. Everyone who I usually go with is either out of town or didn't come, so I ended up sitting by myself in the service. It was actually nice. Sometimes it's nice not to have distractions. Then I went to ABF & people I knew were there, so that was nice. After that, we had college luncheon. Mmmm! Tons of yummy food! We had some delicious sweet potato casserole! I really enjoyed the luncheon, b/c I sat with people I didn't know and got to meet lots of people in the church. Then this afternoon, Matt & I went to the Greek Festival in Charlotte. I've never been to a Greek Festival, so it was definitely an experience. It was pretty cool. We got to go in the Greek Orthodox Church & learn about it. They also had food, dancing, & Greek jewelry.

That leads me up to now...I'm sitting in the computer lab in Withers with Matt. He's working on his lesson plan for tomorrow. He gets to teach Math all week long to his 2nd graders!

Okay...that's enough for now. I've written enough! :)

P.S. My heart is happy!


1 comment:

erin said...

mackmomma....
im so glad your heart is happy...its a good feeling to be content and joyful...even when things are perfect. and you crazy kids...what the crap? sliding down the fire chute and getting on top of tillman?!?! why didnt we ever do that when i was there;) love you and know i am still prayin for you.