Saturday, July 03, 2004

An eventful week

Wow--lots has happened this week! Thursday was a crazy day. First of all, it was mine and Matt's 2 month anniversary! Yay! So, Darlene from work decided she was going to get a new truck and wanted to sell me her old car. It was such a random decision, but I have a car now! Holler! It's a 2-door bright red Plymouth Sundance. And that wasn't all the excitement for the day. Thursday afternoon, I put some Hartz flea treatment on my baby Baxter, not knowing the treatment is toxic and can kill cats. A few hours later Bethany (who was staying with me for a couple days) noticed he was acting really sluggish and he threw up. I went to go check on him and he was shaking really bad. My mom told me to take him to the vet. By this time it was after 8 pm and we could only find one vet in Rock Hill that was open. So we took Baxter there and they rushed him in and gave him two shots of Valium. It was pretty scary! The vet said they see this all the time though, that they should take this medication off the market because it kills cats. Well, they don't have overnight staff at that vet and they were worried that he needed special care, so they referred us to the emergency animal hospital in Charlotte. We drove to Charlotte and dropped my baby off and they gave him an IV and all kinds of medicine and monitored him overnight. The doctor called me in the morning and said he was doing so well I could take him home. Now Baxter is home and back to normal bouncing around the house. He definitely gave me a scare though!

I was going through some old journals and notebooks and found this quote from my favorite author, Brennan Manning...

"Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazin' grace."

I was just thinking about that and realizing how grateful I am that Jesus came for me--a sin-scarred girl who continues to mess up every single day. Sometimes I feel so unworthy of God's grace, but that's the whole point to Christ. None of us is worthy to receive His grace, that's what makes Christ's death so amazing. Anyway, that's just my little thought.

No comments: