Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weary

I'm not writing this post to complain about my circumstances, but just to be real with where I'm at.

Here's where I am...I am weary.

Eli came down with the stomach bug Thursday afternoon. At first, I thought it was just teething, but by late Thursday afternoon, I realized it was more than that. Then, Matt came down with it last night. And Emma came down with it this afternoon. This is the FIFTH time my little family has suffered from the stomach bug since January. I am exhausted. I know Matt is exhausted. We are leaving Thursday for South Carolina and NEED everyone to be well. We are so ready for this trip, in so many ways. We need time away.

I am clinging to this verse right now...
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees." [Hebrews 12:11-12]

Thank you, Lord, for being strong when I am weak. Thank you for the righteousness that troubles bring.

And just because I know you all like pictures, here are a couple from my date with Emma to Cafe du Monde this morning.




1 comment:

erin said...

Praying for all of you Mackey! I know how important this trip will be for you all.