Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

A lot has been happening in our lives during the past couple weeks. Because of some unfortunate, yet completely understandable circumstances, I was laid off two weeks ago. Some crazy stuff was going on within the company and the decision was made to shut down the nursery. While it was quite unexpected, I felt at complete peace with the situation. It was just what needed to happen. I am now keeping two of the children three days a week and getting unemployment. While I know I can't get unemployment forever, it's been a nice change to only be working part-time! Emma and I (and the two other girls I keep) have been enjoying the beautiful weather by going to the zoo, many different parks, going for walks, and playdates with friends. It has been fun (and exhausting)!

Though I am enjoying my time at home now, I know it is only for a season. We simply cannot afford to live in this city we love on one income. Matt and I are currently pursuing a great mission opportunity in this city. While I cannot write of the details now, because nothing is certain yet, just know that it would be an amazing opportunity for our entire family to serve those in need in this city! We are greatly excited about this opportunity and just praying that God allows all the details to fall into place. I will update more about it when the time comes.

Oh, and in other news, I will have my 20 week ultrasound a week from today to find out if it's a BOY or GIRL! Can't wait!

1 comment:

erin said...

im so glad you have peace and can see God in this. that takes such faith. definitely praying for the new opportunity. and can't wait to see what the new little one will be:)