Wednesday, January 10, 2007

life's lessons

I have been wanting to write for about a week now but just didn't know how to put what I'm feeling into words. Well, here I am.

In the past few weeks I have learned a lot about life. I have learned that you cannot always depend on your plans. I had been told that I was going to be offered a with Lutheran Family Services (where I did my internship) and that has not worked out. A few things that have recently happened which are out of my control made the position not available. At first I was quite frustrated as I was depending on this job. I now see that God can use me in other places. I have a couple leads on job possibilities and am waiting to hear back from them. In the meantime, I am fearful. I am scared that now Matt & I will not be able to move to New Orleans next summer. It all depends on my job and if we can save up money to move. It also depends on the job I get as I would only be there until July or so. I am fearful of the unknown. I want so much to move to New Orleans and am scared that we will not be able to do so. I know if it's in God's will, it will happen, He will make it happen. That's where trust comes in. I am learning to trust Him more and more in the plans of my life. Trust is a hard thing to learn to have. God is truly stretching me and growing me in new ways.

No comments: