Saturday, June 19, 2004

Trusting my Savior

So, you know how it goes...you have a wonderful week & then something really bad happens and smacks you back into reality. That's just how life is. Well, last week was a great week for me--just really good spiritually & emotionally. Then, on Monday, my dad was laid off. Let me explain. When my dad got the job at the Children's Attention Home, it was planned that he was going to start in January, but then when the director left this summer (she was resigning), he would take her place. Now, the director has decided not to resign and they don't have enough money in their budget to pay both her and my dad. So, they had to let my dad go. Yeah, it's pretty crazy and I was a little bitter at first. Now I am trusting that God has another perfect plan in store for my family. My dad is looking for a job around here, being that my family just moved here and they love the area. There is always the possibility that my family will have to move again though. That could be really hard. So, once again, we are relying on God to provide for our family. I found this verse today...

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." ~Romans 15:13


It was pretty cool though because I was doing my Experiencing God study yesterday and it was all about God being our Provider. He definitely knows what we need when we need it! I'm glad my God is a God full of hope!

No comments: